Vaudreuil-Dorion, September 10, 2020 – Développement Vaudreuil-Soulanges (DEV) and the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Vaudreuil-Soulanges (CCIVS) unveiled the latest project in their buy local campaign: the launch of a new web experience on achatlocalVS.com. Dedicated to promoting and encouraging responsible buying, this revamped platform consolidates onto one site tools for both the public and business owners.
A comprehensive platform
The site now caters equally well to the needs of consumers, who want to learn more about the benefits of buying local and to have the tools to do so, and of merchants, who want to be part of the movement and showcase their businesses.
DEV brought in the team from the marketing agency Les Manifestes to help develop the project. The new platform has a dynamic graphic identity, with colours inspired by the region’s “Fièrement Vaudreuil-Soulanges” logo. In addition, the “Did you know” labels are once again being promoted to draw attention to the benefits of buying local.
The site uses an educational approach to raise consumers’ awareness of the impact that buying local has on their community. “In addition to promoting our region’s commercial offer, it’s vital that we inform and generate public understanding of the importance of such a gesture,” says Isabelle Mercier, DEV’s Business Development Commissioner.
A well-stocked toolbox
The site achatlocalVS.com brings together and showcases the commercial offering in the Vaudreuil-Soulanges region via a set of user-friendly tools for the public:
- Facebook: Already used to give visibility to local businesses, the Achat local Vaudreuil-Soulanges Facebook page is fast becoming the most popular vehicle for supporting merchants and publicizing their products and services. For example, merchants are invited to advertise their services on this page, along with their business hours, delivery offers and online boutiques.
- Vaudreuil-Soulanges directory: In April, DEV provided the public with access to its georeferenced platform, originally reserved for use by the organization’s staff. This easy-to-use and effective tool now lets anyone quickly locate shops and service companies in the Vaudreuil-Soulanges area.
- Locali-T app: The CCIVS makes the app available to all local merchants. Designed to connect consumers and merchants on one online platform, the app allows consumers to take advantage of exclusive offers from local merchants. The goal is simple: to promote local shopping in all its forms. The public can now download it now and discover the latest offers.
- Ecolocal market: Thanks to a collaboration between DEV and Coop-CSUR, the Ecolocal market now offers an expanding range of local products for sale online. Last April, this eco-responsible online grocery store began identifying regional products with the “Fièrement Vaudreuil-Soulanges” logo. The Ecolocal market initiative is open to the entire Vaudreuil-Soulanges retail sector, including organic and conventional food companies, as well as those offering non-food products.
- Business area: A section dedicated to business owners allows them to take part in the buy local movement by making available a number of achatlocalvs.com graphic resources and tools that they can download free of charge.
Biggest viral contest
The first edition of Vaudreuil-Soulanges’s biggest viral contest ever was launched on Monday, August 24. More than 3,300 participants had a chance to win one of 55 prizes offered by 55 local merchants via a new, interactive technology on Facebook Messenger. On September 3, when we announced the winners, $6,500 in prizes were awarded by participating merchants!
This is another project developed to promote our local merchants, as part of the regional local buying campaign.
It should be recalled that DEV and the CCIVS, supported by the MRC de Vaudreuil-Soulanges and the towns and municipalities that make it up, have been working together for nearly five years already to promote buying local. Branded with the region’s “Fièrement Vaudreuil-Soulanges” logo, achatlocalvs.com is the MRC de Vaudreuil-Soulanges’s official platform and provides a variety of tools to encourage area residents to buy local.
– 30 –
Audrey Bourgon Touchette, Director, Communications and Tourism Promotion
firstname.lastname@example.org | 450 424-2262, ext. 3235
Isabelle Mercier, Business Development Commissioner
email@example.com | 450 424-2262, ext.3236
Nathalie Lavigne, Project Manager, Programming and Communications
Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Vaudreuil-Soulanges (CCIVS)
firstname.lastname@example.org | 450 424-6886